Monday, August 12, 2013

The Ability to Pun...

Top of the afternoon all...

Most of you are aware of my deep love of the pun.  I regard it as the highest form of humour.  Please note: a good joke is not judged so much by the laugh as by whether or not someone is doubled over in pain.  I live for that.  If you are new to this blog and not entirely aware of my deep love of the pun, check the entries entitled 'Finally...' and 'The Joke.'  I thought these were brilliant masterpieces.

Jennifer and I toured a beer brewery last week.  The brewery is a little whimsical in the way they do packaging.  Under the cap, you will find little sayings.  The company is very clear that if you are seeking wisdom, you should look elsewhere.

I submitted a suggestion.  "Sometimes, things have to come to lager heads."

They are going to put it under a cap.

I won a six-pack of beer.

The ability to pun has now not only brought laughter and indigestion to many.  I have now won a prize.

You can bet that I will never let Jennifer forget this.

Have a good day.

R/SCG

2 comments:

  1. Good pun! Congrats on the your prize, finally your joking has given you a just reward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...and I get to keep the bottle deposit too!

    ReplyDelete