Sunday, November 8, 2015

Today's Safety Training...

Top of the evening to all...

Some years ago, my medium monster asked me asked me if our senses grow duller as we age.  I said to him that our senses do in fact get duller as we age, with the exception of my sense of irony, which seems to be getting sharper every day.

With that sense of irony, I must tell you what happened today.  I am writing presently from Buffalo.  I am in Buffalo for my monthly reserve duty requirement.  When I am in Buffalo, there is often a fair amount of admin that must happen.  This month, I had to sign off on a safety training.  The subject of  training for this month was Christmas tree safety.  Yes, it was quite funny.  They just signed me off on it.  I read the training.  Put the tree in water to keep the wood from drying out.  Clean up fallen needles.  Do not use an extension cord to connect it.

Now, we should talk about hanukiyah safety.  Jennifer comes from a family with the custom that everyone should have a hannukiyah.  Well and good, but with five of us in the house for Hannukah, the second half of the holiday scares me.  This runs the risk of either a class A or class B fire, depending on whether one uses candles or oil to light the flame.

Hannukiyah safety?  Keep a fire extinguisher handy.  As the holiday develops and you have had way too much fried food, keep your distance from the flames.

Have a good evening everyone.

R/SCG

No comments:

Post a Comment