Sunday, October 21, 2012

Compliments and Comments

Top of the evening everyone.

Several months back, you will remember that I made an editorial decision never to delete comments from the blog.  I enjoy the interaction, even when you disagree with me.

I have made an editorial decision to change that approach.   After much thought, I have elected instead to avoid deleting remarks when possible, but to delete when necessary.  While disagreements are quite welcome, a civil tone is also vital.  All capital letters generally indicate yelling.  I do not like yelling.  Yelling is not civil.  Unfounded insinuations are also beyond the limits of civil discourse.

This blog is intended to combine humour and a serious look at my life, marriage, children, my cats, ping-pong, community, and country.  There is room for disagreement.

I hope that you will all continue to write your comments, even if they disagree with my own thoughts.

As always, compliments are welcome.

We now return to the gentle, yet serious nature of this blog.

R/SCG

P.S.  If there is something about which you think I might enjoy writing, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Rabbi,
    I factually rebutted comments that were made about the attack on the United States Consulate in Libya and how it affected your vote. On CNN after the final debate Ari Fleisher stated that if only one out of four Jewish voters rather than one out of three supported Obama it would be a huge victory for Romney. I personally think that Obama deserves the Jewish vote based upon his support for Israel. I believe that there has been an attack on his unweavering support for Israel for purely political reasons. It was yourself that introduced this serious topic and I deeply resent having my comments censored. They were neither viscious nor harsh but rather just a blog. That is what blogging is about. Not ping pong and not cats. I deeply resent that my support for the U.S. Commander in Chief has been blunted once again.

    ReplyDelete