Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cutting the Mustard...

Top of the evening all...

Some years back, Jennifer and I purchased mustard seed.  I think that the reason might have had something to do with finding kosher for Pesach mustard.  It has been so long though that I do not remember the reason.  I do remember though that the intent was to make mustard.

A few weeks ago, I finally made the mustard.  I found several recipes on line, and gambled.

It was b-i-t-t-e-r.  The instructions said though to let it sit for a few days.  It did in fact lose most of the bitterness.  Jennifer decided that she did not like the consistency.  The recipe said to add water until achieving the desired consistency.  I missed that part.  Jennifer added some water.

Folks, that is really good mustard.  I do not know that I will ever make the jump to making my own mustard at home.  But I can tell you it was worth the (minimal) effort.  I will certainly do it again.

It was easy and worth it.

Have a good evening.

R/SCG

No comments:

Post a Comment