Monday, June 27, 2011

I Like to Ride My Bicycle

Top of the evening everyone.

You may remember when I identified the differences between brave and foolish. If not, go back and reread this entry: http://seabeechaplain.blogspot.com/2011/01/more-musings-and-amusings.html. I would like to add one other difference. 'Brave' has a much better writer than 'foolish.'

With those differences in mind, I would like to tell everyone that I was brave again. Every year, I ride a charity bicycle ride for the Zareinu school in Toronto. It is a 50-kilometre ride around the Niagara Escarpment. It was quite lovely. This year was my fifth ride. Over the years, I have seen many of the same people. We have a loose hevre. One of them is a guy named Mark. Mark had also signed up for the 50k, though he usually rides the 100k. At the very last minute, he convinced me to do the 1000-kilometre ride. Mark is most certainly not going on my Christmas list. That does not matter so much. I do not have one.

Somehow, I made it. I must tell you though that it hurt in places I did not know existed. For example, there is a town called 'Limehouse.' It hurt there. It also hurt in Halton Hills.

The good news is that I will only do the 50k next year, as I am also announcing the formation of 'Team Gorman.' Team Gorman will consist of me and the teenager.

Speaking of the teenager, you are all familiar with the song "Sunrise, Sunset." One of the verses has the following lyric: "When did she get to be a beauty? When did he grow to be so tall?" I can answer that question. He got to be so tall in the last 10 or so days. Using a level, we determined that Jesse was not taller than Jennifer about 10 days ago. As of Shabbat, he was. Jesse got to be this tall in June 2011.

Have a good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment