Friday, November 1, 2019

The Deeper Questions of Life....

Top of the evening ladies, gentlemen, and non-binaries...

As a rabbi, people will often ask me the deeper questions of life. For example...

1. What happens after we die? (I do not know, but I want to rig my e-mail to send a note several months later complaining that something bit my toe.)
2. What is the meaning of life? 42
3. Is there an afterlife?
4. What is my purpose in life?
5. Does God really care about what I do?

These questions, as well as many others, are above my pay grade. They are also questions that do not cross my mind all that often. And what are the questions that cross my mind?

1. Why is it that when in a rush, it seems a requirement to hit every traffic light, sometimes being stuck for more than one cycle?
2. Why is it that I must look in the same spot four separate times, spread out over an hour, before finding the thing that fell there?

(Sigh) It has been a long day.

Good night.

R/SCG

No comments:

Post a Comment