Saturday, September 28, 2019

At Alice's Restaurant, Yes, But Not in my Backyard!!

Good evening all....

Over a period of about 18 hours, we have had guests for various meals. One just dropped in for takeout. The other had a picnic on my deck, and did not even clean up. This is really for the birds.

Thursday afternoon, I was on the phone and staring out the back window. All of a sudden, a large brown blur zipped across the yard. The angle was off, but I think that the large brown blur was a hawk, plucking something from a tree branch.

We have a picture of another(?) hawk having breakfast on the railing of our deck. Judging by the remaining feathers (and the leg), it was a blue jay. We have a broom. We would have loaned it to the hawk if s/he had wanted to clean up.

It is kind of neat to watch natural selection in my own backyard. I am not going to grouse about this. I would hate to see these hawks run a-fowl of natural law.

Please forgive my poultry attempts at humour.

On a side note, other possible titles for this blog entry were "I Am Not Running a Cafeteria" and "Takedown...Hawk...Two Points."

Go to sleep.

R/SCG

No comments:

Post a Comment