Wednesday, January 20, 2021

20 January 2021, 1700 GMT, 1200 EST

 Dear Mr. President,

As you assume the Oval Office, I wish you the utmost in fortune, opportunity, and luck.  Without stating what my vote was, it is my deepest hope that you and your administration will earn my vote in four years.

I note the election results and commend you for earning the highest popular majority in the history of the United States.  It is important to note that former President Trump earned the second highest number of popular votes in the nation's history.  To dismiss over 70 million Americans as illiterate, gun-toting zealots is not in the best interests of the country.  Please be a president for all of us.

No person is without flaw, and no person is without success.  I urge you then to look at all that your predecessors have accomplished, to keep in mind their failures and shortcomings, and to build on their successes.

Very respectfully,

Rabbi Sean Gorman

LCDR, CHC, USN



No comments:

Post a Comment