Sunday, July 5, 2020

Cheap Laughs....

Top of the evening everyone.

Those of you who have been in my office know my little brown coffee pot.  I have had that little coffee pot longer than I have had my children.  It lived in the apartment that my student pulpit maintained.  It has lived in five offices.  That little coffee pot was a gift from a coffee company for starting to get my coffee delivered.  More than 20 years later, it still makes a great cup of coffee.  It was used this morning.

It is to this morning's events that I dedicate this blog entry.  First, a picture of the coffee pot...





Take note.  If one wishes to fill the back part with water to make the coffee, one must open it from the left side of the pot.  Then, one pours in the water holding the carafe in one's left hand.  As a lefty, this is a dream.  Come to think of it, not only is it a dream.  It is such a dream that for years it never dawned on me that this particular pot was a left-handed pot.

My medium child wanted to make a cup of coffee this morning.  He is decidedly right-handed.  He is also very scientific, such that he is the total killjoy on the literary and theatrical journeys my other two children will take at the kitchen table.  "That would never work because (insert scientific claptrap here)."  It was thus quite the laugh watching him try to figure out how to open the top.   He finally figured it out.  Then, rather than pour the water with his left hand, he turned the pot so that he could pour with his right hand.

Having lived in a world that is designed decidedly for the right-handed, it is nice to realize that every once in a while, something is there for us lefties.  It is also nice to enjoy the cheap laugh as my otherwise-brilliant son could not figure it out.

Have a good evening everyone.

R/SCG



No comments:

Post a Comment