Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Exculpatory Statements...

Top of the afternoon everyone...

It is with revulsion, sadness, and fear that I watch what is going on in the United States right now.  Whatever discussions need to take place on matters of race cannot do so in an atmosphere that has been taken over by violence.

Please note: without question, and without reservation, I stand with those seeking full evidence, disclosure, and trial as necessary for the police officer accused in the murder of George Floyd.

Two things come to mind right now though, and I am curious about your thoughts on both.

1.  The US Park Police used either smoke or tear gas to clear the park right before President Trump walked over to the 'Church of Presidents.'  The New York Post and WTOP report that several people from the US Park Police said that they did know that the President was going to be walking there.  They also denied using tear gas.

Do we believe the Park Police?

2.  Mayor deBlasio of New York City said that the NYPD officer who drew his weapon should lose his badge.  The Police Benevolent Association (PBA) showed a longer video in which the officer's boss was hit over the head with a brick.

Do we believe the PBA?

And I guess that the disturbing part of this is that the answer to both of my questions is going to be a resounding no.  That answer is not from me, and it may or not be from my trusted readers.  It is the resounding answer though because it is far easier for many to believe that the evil President and his misguided minions ordered the tear gas.  It is far easier to believe that a police officer is nothing more than a trigger-happy thug just waiting for an opportunity.

I welcome your thoughts, and absolutely insist that they be civil.  As always, I will delete any comments that do not reflect the friendly tenor that I have tried to maintain on this blog.

Hug the folks around you everyone.

R/SCG

No comments:

Post a Comment